How can I get rid of mice?

+2
  • Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Nov 25, 2019

The 8 Best Ways to Help Get Rid of Mice

1. Eliminate entry points.
    2. Use mouse traps.
    3. Choose the best bait for mouse traps.
    4. Proper placement of mouse traps is critical.
    5. Bait stations.
    6. Good sanitation won't get rid of mice, but poor sanitation will attract them.
    7. Tackle the mice in the house and out.
    8. Cats vs Mice.

• Mix 1 part flour, granulated sugar and baking soda. Place in shallow dish where mice are most likely to find it. You can sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar, chocolate powder or finely chopped nuts to make it more enticing – just add a bit more baking soda to compensate. What happens is when this hits their stomachs the baking soda forms a gas which rupture their stomachs = dead mice.

Or

Soak a rag with ammonia and place in their holes. They’ll leave and never come back.

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Nov 29, 2019

Ramona, I agree with Chloe. Your first step is to eliminate entry points. I use a can of expansion foam and fill any gaps around wall and ceiling penetrations. If you don't do this first, you are fighting a losing battle as mice reproduce faster than you can kill them.

• Cindy Cindy on Nov 30, 2019

Peppermint extract or essential oil on a cotton ball on floor in area near mice.