How do I get rid of ants?

+1
  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jan 22, 2019

For a bed, I poke a hole in the middle and pour boiling water down. It kills the queen and most of the others.

Here's a project for a homemade spray:

https://www.hometalk.com/17429659/kill-ants-instantly-natural-diy-spray-

• Jody B Nash Jody B Nash on Jan 22, 2019

I sprinkle cornstarch along their "trail/trails." When they lick their feet, the cornstarch expands inside and they "explode." When you don't see them anymore, vacuum or wipe away the cornstarch. It has never taken more than 2 days at my house.

• Khicks4330 Khicks4330 on Jan 22, 2019

1/2 cup sugar / 3 tablespoons borax / mix with just enough water to make a thick syrup / place in shallow bowl like a lid. They will come and take back to nest and destroy nest. Works within 24 hours. Make sure pets can't get to solution. I put it on several counters. The first day they thought it was a party. The second day I made a new solution and they didn't come. They were gone Haven't seen the sine. Woo-Hoo!!!

• Cindy King Cindy King on Jan 22, 2019

This is a little bit of trouble but oh so worth the results. 1/2 C corn meal / 1/4 C sugar / 1/4 C Boric Acid / Bacon Grease. Mix these together until they make a fine crumbly mixture. Put a small amount in your electric outlets or switch outlets, especially in the kitchen. (Hint, use a popsicle stick or other non-metal utensil, or you will get shocked, as I did! Duh!) You can also put it in small lids or on trails outside. The first time I did this it lasted 10 years. I don’t guarantee 10, but it works on roaches and all types of ants, even carpenter ants. Good luck! As above, don’t put where pets or kids can get to this.