How can I get rid of mice using cotton balls and vinegar?

+5

was a post on facebook but link opened to something else

• Gk Gk on Jan 08, 2020

Hello Arlene! I personally feel that trying vinegar and cotton balls to get rid of mice would be a total waste of time and would not work at all. My question: HOW do we know that mice don't like vinegar?

https://www.lilmoocreations.com/get-rid-mice-cotton-balls-vinegar

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/vinegar-rid-mice-85587.html

• Zard Pocleeb Zard Pocleeb on Jan 08, 2020

Just wet the cotton balls with vinegar and put them in areas of suspected mouse activity. They don’t like the smell and will abandon the area. Peppermint oil supposedly works well too and you won’t have to smell vinegar all the time.

• William William on Jan 08, 2020

The concept is that mice don't like strong odors. I really doubt that because they can smell food at a distance. Best solution is to seal any openings they may use to get in. Their bodies are so flexible they can fit thru a hole the size if a dime or a 1/4" crack under a door. You can also set mouse traps with peanut butter if you have no pets or mouse bait. Sticky traps will also work. I use mouse bait in my garage and workshop.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 08, 2020

its mint on cotton balls repells them.

• Emily Emily on Jan 08, 2020

Our neighborhood cats seemed to have helped a lot this fall/winter. Luckily I have a husband who can deal with traps.

• Rats and mice dislike the smell of ammonia because it smells like predator urine. Fill a spray bottle with 1 cup ammonia and 1 cup vinegar. Mix well and spray all areas the rodents frequent. Spray cotton balls with the solution and set them in the areas as well.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Jan 08, 2020

Arlene....No sure about cotton balls and vinegar but peppermint oil and cotton balls will work...we use in our RV! Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jan 08, 2020

You soak them in apple cider vinegar and the scent will keep them away. If you don't like the smell you can use peppermint oil and/or cinnamon oil. You have to re soak the cotton balls as the scent fades. I purchased some rodent spray and you can just spritz it around.