How much water is needed to drown the bugs on my plants?

+8
I took notice that some of my plants have I guess bugs 🐜. They are eating the leaves 🍃 on my flowers 🌺 and tomatoes 🍅
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on May 29, 2017
    The best thing to do is to spray them with soapy water to dry them out- good luck!

• Patti Patti on May 29, 2017
      Thank You will try that. Not today yuck more rain ☔️. I know we need that rain to make our gardens grow. But it seems to rain ☔️ here every other day. Have a Happy 😊 Day

• Suzanne Suzanne on May 29, 2017
    You could try sprinkling them with baby powder

• Patti Patti on May 30, 2017
      That's a new one ☝️ never heard that before. Thank you for your idea will keep that one in mind

• Martha Martha on May 31, 2017
    I've used Palmolive dish washing liquid in my soapy water spray bottle and sprayed away... IT WORKS & it's completely safe on all plants! 👍🏻

• Patti Patti on May 31, 2017
      Thanks but I only use dawn. If it doesn't work I'll go with Palmolive

• Gail Gail on May 31, 2017
    Dawn is good also for getting rid of bugs. Make it up like dishwater and I dump a dish pan out on the leaves but, not in the sunlight. It works and recently I have learned from this site that cinnamon fights fungus on tomatoes and squash.

• See 1 previous
    • Gail Gail on May 31, 2017
      Patti you can do evening or early morning. I prefer early morning but, if you do water the leaves in the direct sunlight it could cause the leaves to rot or get fungus. If you are just watering it is best not to wet the leaves just the ground. Hope you get this and I am not sending it to myself. Ha! Hope this helps, love the emojis.

• Heathergriffiths Heathergriffiths on May 31, 2017
    Use soapy water

• Patti Patti on May 31, 2017
    Hi Gail I did see the one with the cinnamon. So is it best to put on my plants 🌱 after the sun ☀️ goes down. Thanks Patti