Help! Sugar ants have taken over my kitchen

+4
Those little black ants have taken over my kitchen and I'm at my wits end. I have tried Raid, Ortho, and white vinegar to no avail... it works for a day or two and then they come back. How do I find where they are coming from??
  • Debby Debby on Jun 08, 2017
    They get through the tiniest of cracks. Try putting Diatomaceous Earth around your foundation to keep them from coming in.

• Charlene Charlene on Jun 08, 2017
    try putting a bit of icing sugar and boric acid (borax laundry detergent) on a piece of wax paper. the ants will carry it back to their nest and kill off the nest. You will have to fight off the temptation to kill the ants as they travel back to the nest.

• Susan Bice Susan Bice on Jun 08, 2017
    I have used a bar of Zest soap. Just open it up and set it near your sink. You could shave it into pieces and distribute along counter top or around baseboards. Hope this helps.

• Bonita Bonita on Jun 08, 2017
    Terro

• Kathy Olszowka Hensley Kathy Olszowka Hensley on Jun 08, 2017
    We had the same problem in our kitchen. Use Ortho ant stakes outside. The 1st year we used it, 2 days later we had 100s of dead ants all over our basement and never say another black ant in the kitchen. The ants eat the stuff from the stake and take it back to their colony which spreads it.

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jun 08, 2017
    Bait them with something like fruit or lunch meat, then follow them, watch where they are coming in from, and caulk that hole up. They will find other ways to get in, but you have to keep at it until there are no entry points.

• Maureen Paul Hudson Maureen Paul Hudson on Jun 11, 2017
    Thanks everybody!