HELP! What is the best way to get rid of this POISON IVY?!

HELP! I have evil poison ivy in my side flower bed along my driveway! It is growing up through my bushes, out of the ground, and even appears to have attached itself and rooted into the top of the one bush! I am systematically allergic to it, meaning that it spreads throughout my entire body and lasts for months! I'm one of those people who can get poison ivy from just walking near it on a really hot and muggy day... Maybe even, from just looking at it?! LOL... It needs to go!!! How do I get rid of it without it getting me??! Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!!
q help what is the best way to get rid of this poison ivy
q help what is the best way to get rid of this poison ivy
q help what is the best way to get rid of this poison ivy
q help what is the best way to get rid of this poison ivy
  12 answers
  • Wil19661242 Wil19661242 on May 24, 2017
    Your Garden Center will have your answer! ... I'd say Roundup, but it's restricted in some areas! I'm allergic to it, too!

  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 24, 2017
    I'm allergic as well , so it would be worth the money for me to pay a local teen to yank it all out for me. Just warn him so he can prepare himself accordingly.

  • Jaxon Jaxon on May 24, 2017
    Roundup for poison ivy works AMAZING!! We live in the country and have a lot of it around. My yard is now poion ivy free!

  • Jaxon Jaxon on May 24, 2017
    i have heard NOT to burn it as it is harmful to you.

  • Penny Semcheski Penny Semcheski on May 24, 2017
    Don't burn it You can get it from the smoke

  • Linda Linda on May 24, 2017
    Just stay away while it burns. Watch from a distance I guess. Wouldn't want get poison ivy internally from inhaling the fumes/smoke. This happened to my mother-in-law by burning logs in the winter in the fireplace that had been exposed to poison ivy. Of course she didn't know till later it had been . She said it was awful. Just felt I needed to say that some folks wouldn't think a thing about that, I wouldn't have.

  • Micki Gfellers Micki Gfellers on May 24, 2017
    Rent a goat! They can eat that stuff no problem. They will also eat your good plants too, so use accordingly.😁

  • Jami Jami on May 24, 2017

  • UpState UpState on May 24, 2017
    Micki Gfellers of Chuckey, TN has the best idea !
    Go on CraigsList an see if anyone can rent them to you.
    They probably won't let you keep them.

  • on May 25, 2017
    Thanks for all of your suggestions everyone!! I just want to mention that you definitely don't want to burn the poison ivy! I thought I would try this but was warned against it, so I researched it, and it turns out that if the smoke is inhaled you can have an allergic reaction and your throat could close! Scary stuff! Tauni, you said you dry it out first, good to know!!! :) And seriously, goats can't get poison ivy?? Also good to know... Although I don't know if I could boost a goat to the top of that bush! ;) And yah, whatever we end up trying, I'll be making my husband do it! ;) He's not nearly as allergic as I am... so far... And if you do end up getting it, I do have this list of remedies to try, although I have found that they are all very, very temporary treatments, may be worth a try!

  • Jaxon Jaxon on May 26, 2017
    I have a pile waaaay back in our property that they are composting in. Depending on where you live you could probably bag them like leaves and have them picked up. Breathing in the fumes can cause allergic reactions in your nasal passages and possibly into your lungs. Maybe google can give you ideas on what to do with them. Good luck!

  • Kay Kaye Kay Kaye on Aug 23, 2017
    I plead with all of you to reconsider using Roundup. Please read up on this chemical from people who are neutral and make an informed decision.
    Four countries banned its use: Argentina, Malta, Sri Lanka and The Netherlands. Two-thirds of EU citizens want it bannEd. California just listed it as a carcinogen and Missouri and Colorado are restricting it. It's main ingredient, glyphosate, is a nerve destroying chemical that kills, maims and destroys not just the weed, but all those things in its path like bees, worms, ladybugs, dragonflies and a host of other creatures. What about the birds and small mammals that feed on the berries poison ivy produces, the insects that are slowly dying from exposure to it and the microbes in the soil getting killed off by it? This is a critical food chain. PLEASE research it!