Help! wisteria take over

+4
My neighbor on two sides of our yard has uncontrolled wisteria and it has gone into trees and has sent its vines in our yard. I feel like I am waging with roundup. What else can I do?

• Brenda Simpson Brenda Simpson on Jan 05, 2018
    How about setting in some trellis and training vine for gorgeous privacy fence?

• Jly32000362 Jly32000362 on Jan 06, 2018
      I have thought about trying to make a natural fence. Will have to get my husband on board. I will see what I can do

• Anything on your side, you can cut back. See if your neighbors are willing to do some work in their yards?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 05, 2018
    you can use roundup as it will kill your trees. cut what ever is on your property as far down as you can

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 05, 2018
    Pull it as far into your yard as you can from the trees and cut it off, when it snaps back, there will be less of that vine in the tree and take longer to come back into your yard. I used to do that with wild grape vines that came into our yard from the neighbors until they got the message and cleaned a bunch of it up when they were doing improvements before they could rent it out.

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Jan 05, 2018
    Yep I say cut the roots on your side and if plant dies,oh well! If it's on your side you are free to do whatever you want,but yes,speak with them to stay neighborly. I feel your pain because I am going to have to pay for this gigantic treeso branches to be cut on our side since the tree was never properly taken care of and the neighbor said that it was fine to do whatever although I informed him that our arborist said that there was a 50% chance of the tree dying if not done properly from his side. Oh well. He didn't take care of it so it's coming down this year cause it blocks sun and moss grows on the roof of our she'd plus it's just scarry.

• Miriam Thompkins Mays Miriam Thompkins Mays on Jan 05, 2018
    I advise you to get her permission IN WRITING so that she doesn't possibly sue you later if the tree dies.