How can I permanently kill weeds!

+7
  • Okay, so I haven't tried this, but I remember reading someone poured boiling water onto the weeds it worked! I still want to try it at some point. Good Luck!

• Missroselady Missroselady on Jun 19, 2017
      I tried this just once and was pleasantly surprised that it worked! Next day the weeds were all shriveled up. I need to try it again.

• Rebecca Peterson Rebecca Peterson on Jun 10, 2017
    Chemical way-Roundup.

• Charles Ridgway Charles Ridgway on Jun 10, 2017
    i use Epsom Salt and Dawn dishwashing

• Sueb Sueb on Jun 10, 2017
    Never, is the answer a continuous battle. Mix vinegar, salt, & dawn & spray on weeds.

• Maureen Toms Maureen Toms on Jun 10, 2017
    When you figure that one out your fortune is made🤗

• C Van Houten C Van Houten on Jun 10, 2017
    Boiling water does work pretty good. Boiling salt water works even better. Where are the weeds you're trying to kill and what type of weeds are they? Boiling water can kill things other than weeds. Salt WILL kill everything in the immediate area. It's hard to know how to help when the question is kinda vague. Roundup will work a treat, but 1: It doesn't last forever 2: There is evidence that it harms bees. If it's a gravel driveway? You can use a propane torch and burn those suckers up. In a small garden? Safest way is hand pulling. There is a different way to weed for almost every circumstance.

• MARIA JONES MARIA JONES on Jun 10, 2017
      It is a gravel driveway, have been using Roundup. Weeds come back after 3 to 4 weeks.
      Thank you for the boiling water salt ideal.

• Bel22067700 Bel22067700 on Jun 10, 2017
    Pull out all weeds.Then sprinkle "Preen" over areas.That will keep all weeds away for the summer.Not forever.Works great on flower beds and veggie gardens.Best idea I came across.Hate spray , just turns weeds yellow.

One year I spread over 800 lbs of salt on my driveway, thinking if that wouldn't kill all the weeds, nothing will. I mean, the bible even talks about how they salted their enemy's fields so nothing would grow for years. So, I figured this would do it. And it did... then some strange grass that seemed to grow on rocks only started growing. It died off when it got hot, and that seemed to have fixed the soil, because we've had grass ever since. This was two years ago.

The best thing I've ever found for an entire gravel driveway where the weeds just keep coming? Get a propane torch and burn them every few weeks. It does work a treat and it does give you the satisfaction of burning those suckers. But if it's just a few stubborn weeds growing, then yeah, the boiling salt water will likely do the trick. Although, remember, nothing gets rid of them forever. Birds carry seeds in their droppings, any relation to the dandelion will spread by the wind.

For something that will last the longest? The best way is to cover your driveway in black plastic and don't use it for six weeks. This is good to do if you need to regravel it. It's even better if you have the old gravel removed, but that's pretty much impossible. The black plastic and the sun will pretty much cook anything growing, and then you hope that the rocks keep some of them off. Keep on top of pulling the sprouts and you'll have a pretty decent gravel driveway for about a year... then, well, start again. I had one person tell me after they did the black plastic, they put a whole bunch of sand on it, up to the level of the gravel left. Then, they poured the new gravel. I don't know if that worked well or not. She claimed she noticed a huge difference, but I haven't personally tried that method.