How can I prevent aphids from getting on my tomatoes?

+3
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 12, 2017
    you have to spray them down with horticutral oil or use a systemic organic control for vegetables

• Donna Keske-Howard Donna Keske-Howard on Jun 12, 2017
    The best way to prevent aphids on tomatoes however is prevention. Keep a careful eye on your plants and stop the infestation before it gets started. When there are not too many you can wipe them off between your thumb and finger, squashing then in the process. This is because they are soft bodied and not very robust. It is also because they are soft bodied that they don’t like soap, this tends to cake over their bodies and dry them out. Many people swear by a water and insecticidal soap mix, sprayed onto the aphids before it gets too hot in the sun. This method is probably the most widely used.

• Vallory Vallory on Jun 12, 2017
    Dust your tomato plants with baby powder. The aphids will stay away!

• Vallory Vallory on Jun 12, 2017
    Yes I have! It worked for me. In the morning while the dew is still on the leaves is the best time. But, it works anytime. The powder sticks to the plants better when they are lightly moist. If you have a mist setting on your house nozzle, that would work just as well.

• Lauri Adkins Lauri Adkins on Jun 12, 2017
    Ladybugs, soapy water