How can you get rid poison oak and poison ivy ?

+4
We bought a home and the surroundin under brush and the trees are over run with both. It is starting to creep into the small yard The house has been empty for a good while and left to grow up We have a MESS ! Need help in Missouri !!
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 20, 2017
    You can try the boiling water trick- pour it directly onto the roots to kill them.
    Or you can try a commercial killer. A brush killer by Bayer should work.
    Good luck!

• Amy Amy on Jun 20, 2017
    Salt n vinegar stings a lil but is gone quick

• Jami Jami on Jun 20, 2017
    spray it with bleach

• Rachel O'Hara Rachel O'Hara on Jun 20, 2017
    be careful though, even though the plants are dead, they still have the oil that causes the illergic reaction. Always use gloves and long sleeves when dealing with those plants!

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 20, 2017
    Use a chemical solution and suit up and dig it out until it doesn't come back. Good luck!

• Ldy22231926 Ldy22231926 on Jun 20, 2017
    Thanks to all for your help If one doesn't work we will try another. Thanks again

• Melissa Travis Thompson Melissa Travis Thompson on Jun 20, 2017
    Please be extra careful with this. Whatever you do DO NOT burn it. Years ago we burned poison ivy by mistake and I ended up in the hospital because it got into my lungs and blood stream. It took me about 6 months to get over it.