How do I get rid of ants inside home? 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

+4
I have two kinds of ants small black and carpenter
ive tried traps , mixture of borax water sugar I get them every spring and I have dog, cat, and parrots
Please help! 😞
  • Tina Schamp Tina Schamp on May 27, 2017
    I hear that peppermint is a good way to keep them outside. Goggle it!

• Ran16074534 Ran16074534 on May 27, 2017
    Would spearmint get rid of ants ?

• Sylvia Message Sylvia Message on May 27, 2017
    leave some borax near the place you notice them coming in, you can put it in a small plastic container with a few holes in it to keep it from pets or children.

• Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on May 27, 2017
    Get some Combat ant trays. Place outside where you've seen them. If they've gotten in you need to follow their trail and wash the area with soap and water. Then go outside in same area and wash that too or spray with soap and water solution. Put combat trays in that area. They are enclosed so pets should not be able to get the poison. I hear ants will not cross a line of chalk so it might hurt to put a little of that at doors and windows.

• SandyG SandyG on May 27, 2017
    Diatomous earth. Non-toxic and works. Can be bought at a hardware store or landscape store. Great for ants, spiders, fleas, etc and safe to use inside.

• Cou20092147 Cou20092147 on May 27, 2017
    Cut dryer sheets into strips, put where ants come in . Thay will not cross them

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on May 29, 2017
    I don't know about carpenter ants,but slab ants are fairly easy. Do as stated about following their trail I would recommend cornmeal at the bottom of the part of house,it won't damage the grass or plants but it will attract ants they eat it up and take back with them but they can't digest it so they die. If you have any anthills do this as well at each one. It works. Now on the window place ant trap strip that they don't cross and when they do they die. These are great,they saved my kitchen last year and windex they hate it. I learned all that from this site so look up carpenter ants and see what people say.