How do I get rid of millepides in a potted house plant?

+1
They are driving me crazy as they are leaving the pot ... yuk!!!
  • Lynda Warnock Lynda Warnock on Jun 15, 2017
    Best to change the compost, hopefully this will sort it, check non on the roots.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 15, 2017
    First off you're going to have to hand pick those yuckers out. Remove all mulch from the soil surface in the pot and hand remove any visible millipedes. Check beneath the pot daily and remove any millipedes present. Millipedes often hide in the damp area under the pot. Allow the soil surface to dry between waterings to prevent more millipedes from nesting in the soil.
    Good luck!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 15, 2017
    You will need to re-pot the plant in fresh soil and spray with a horticultural oil

• Michele Michele on Jun 16, 2017
    Thanks for all your help! After trying to drown the little buggers by submerging the entire pot in water for hours (which was unsuccessful as some creatures managed to hold their breath), I ended up washing all the soil off the roots, sterilizing the container and re-potting the plant. Hope none of the critters found a way to hide out in the process.