How do I get rid of poison ivy in my garden? Will it kill everything?

+2
  • Mom15365177 Mom15365177 on Jun 11, 2017
    They make a product that you spray on the plant to kill it at gardening supply stores.

• Suit up and cut back as much as you can. Then drown and I mean drown in vinegar. May take more than one application, but it will kill it and rot it out without the use of harmful chemicals.

• Grammy Grammy on Jun 13, 2017
    I pour boiling water on the plant & that killed it.

• Kathy Thompson Ellis Kathy Thompson Ellis on Jun 13, 2017
    planning on salting the earth along my fence row to get rid of poison ivy and several other plants that are taking over...

• Faith Spear Faith Spear on Jun 13, 2017
    However you treat, chemically, vinegar, pulling or digging, you will need to repeat. This plant is persistent and when it finds the right soil, air and light conditions, it will stick around. So, treat, wait a month to 6 weeks, and look for tiny new shoots and completely teat the area again. Check again in a few weeks and be prepared to treat again. Three treatments is usually the charm and you can garden safely next season.