How do I get rid of this invasive weed

+12
q how do i get rid of this invasive weed
Invasive weed
  • Pour boiling water on it. Or epsom salt and boiling water.

• Kathy Kathy on May 26, 2017
    Try to block them from sun by placing cardboard or 9-15 sheets of newspaper working from back of bed to front then place 2-3 inches of mulch the add Preen to the mulch

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 26, 2017
    Pour salt on it.

• Pennie1958 Pennie1958 on May 26, 2017
    spray them with lemon juice or vinegar they should crinkle up and die in a day or two if stubborn hit them again

• I have these too- does anyone know what this is called? Its a pest and a headache!

• Judy Judy on May 26, 2017
    Be sure to pull this up by the roots, and continue to check the roots, to be sure you got it all, not just the top of it. They do love bushes, for they will attempt to strangle the bush, and once they start, they will just progress to the next bush. Check them very often., especially around the base, of the bush. Best wishes, Judy.

• Cyndy Johnson Cyndy Johnson on May 27, 2017
    It's everywhere...
    Coming up 50 yards away from where it started last year....crawling underground I would guess.....it's horrible.
    I had to give up on my garden and do container gardening.
    Thank you for your reply.

• Pennie1958 Pennie1958 on May 27, 2017
    it shouldnt but try it in an area with grass first and see it never hurt mine im in florida

• Jaweb Jaweb on May 28, 2017
    Difficult to fully see in the picture, but if it vines and eventually has white flowers, it is a type of wild Morning Glory. Brought to you by our feathered friends, and grossly invasive and destructive. I am speaking from experience-still fighting a 3 year battle. It took up space in an established flower garden, so I am limited in what I can use without damaging my other plants. So it's "pull and see"...
    Best of Luck if this is your culprit!!!
    jaweb🌿🌱

• Oh Lord, I hope it's not Kudzu!!😵

• Cyndy Johnson Cyndy Johnson on May 28, 2017
    Thank you for all suggestions

• Mary Ann T. Bianchi Mary Ann T. Bianchi on Jun 05, 2017
    I used bleach with success with weeds and poison ivy