How do I get squirrels our of the attic naturally and economically.

+3
  • A A on May 25, 2017
    Use have-a-heart traps baited with peanut butter then transport them far away once caught. You may have more than you think so it may take awhile. Also, before you even begin, find out where they are coming in and get it patched up. We had them entering through a hole in our soffit.

• Jan Clark Jan Clark on May 25, 2017
    Squirrels usually use attics to build their nests. In most states moth balls are illegal to use to drive them out (but they do work). You will have to keep an eye out until all the little ones have gone and no one is home before you patch the hole - which MUST be done. If you can't reach it, you'll have to hire someone. You can use the baited traps as A. said, or I have used an electronic strobe light with accompanying sound that is activated with a motion detector. I got mine on Amazon for about $30. It works great for anything else you want to scare off, too.

• Valerie Valerie on May 25, 2017
    Once you caught or scared them away, look for the nest to be sure there are no babies. Theyll look like little pink masses of skin, but of course remove them as well pr you'll attract other bugs as well as an odour.

• Ginny Ginny on May 27, 2017
    After they did over $1,000 damage to my house - from attic to living rm. - I called a - no kill exterminator, and he took the bugger away and re-homed him in the woods on the farm where he lives. This cost some money, but was worth it considering what damage was done not only to my home but to my nerves. The vents in the attic were then covered with very fine chicken wire that squirrels cannot chew through.

• C.B. C.B. on May 28, 2017
    You can sprinkle powdered Coyote Urine [available at a gardening outlet] around buildings to help deter squirrel activity/entrance into buildings, they can smell the 'odor' and don't want to enter the area 'where they think a coyote has recently been.'

• Arubaith Arubaith on May 30, 2017
    Thanks!