How do I rid my yard of Creeping Charlie?

• William William on May 30, 2017
    Four years ago I almost lost my lawn to Creeping Charlie. Had only small patches of grass left. Tried everything available and nothing worked. Then finally I found a product that worked. Spectracide Weed and Feed. Within days Charlie was withering away. And slowly my lawn came back. Now I just spot spray when ever I see Charlie.

• Jill Nunes Madden Jill Nunes Madden on May 30, 2017
    Ugh! I'm told there are benefits to this weed, but as of yet I've seen no purpose!
    The reason it is so hard to manage, is because it spreads three ways. By seed, by root and by mowing and accidentally spreading the little vines. Leaving a tiny root is enough for it to spread and pop up in several more spots. . Fall is best time work on creeping Charlie and to get your garden in check for next season, and sadly, it may take a few seasons to be totally rid of it. In the fall, growing and spreading slow down, giving you a half a chance to get the upper hand.
    Now for method options.
    I'm not always a fan of chemicals, but in this case, I prefer aggressive. Good ole' Ortho products are what I turn to.
    There is a lot written about Borax killing weeds, but unless you have a degree in chemical engineering, your apt to change the chemical compound of your soil and kill everything. If you want an option that requires no chemicals then keeping the ground covered is your best option. many people keep a thick layer of news papers down. I always struggled with the wind blowing the papers around or just not having enough. So I opted to use scrap carpet that I pulled out of the bedroom project . That was like the miracle cure, they kept the ground moist for the plants. It kept the weeds down and it gave me a place to walk between rows in my garden. Tada! No creeping Charlie, no weeds of any kind, no chemicals, no expense! That is what I call a perfect solution !