How do you get poison ivy out of the garden and dispose of it?

+2
  • Patricia De Franco Rini Patricia De Franco Rini on May 27, 2017
    If its just a little plant I put a plastic bag on my hand and pull it out..or hit it with a vegetation killer..but be careful not to hit any of your good plants with the killer..

• William William on May 27, 2017
    Look up Ivy dry, see if it's still available in your area then try it. It dries up the oil in it.

• Dfm Dfm on May 27, 2017
    cover as much of your skin as possible, treat with herbicide formulated to kill the ivy. when the ivy is no longer living cover as much of your skin as possible, bag it for removal. do not burn it. the active ingredient that makes people itch? becomes air born if burned. not good for the lungs.

my uncle ran a tree service- one of his crew tried burning it...1 of the crew had to be hospitalized- he was sensitive to poison ivy and his lungs became very irritated- had to be hospitalized.

• Linda Linda on May 27, 2017
    I put bleach in a spray bottle and spray some on each ivy. It takes one or two to dry them up then just pull it out or re spray paint. That should kill them. (If it rains, spray them again)

• Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on May 27, 2017
    Round up has a new type just for that. You dab it on the leaves of plants you don't want and it doesn't spread to the ones you do want. Be prepared for a fight, no matter what you use it will come back after a while, especially if any neighbors have it. Keep exposed skin to minimum when you work around it.