How do you get rid of mice permanently

+5
I live in an apartment I keep it clean blocked all the openings as possible , but they keep coming, I have caught quite a few with the sticky flat slab. What could you suggest please thank you .

• Jacky Wallace Jacky Wallace on Jan 07, 2018
    oh don't use that it's cruel. You can get trap not to kill mouse and then release away in fields.

• Melissa V Melissa V on Jan 07, 2018
    You didn’t indicate where you live, but critters generally want to come into our warm space when it’s cold outside. You DID say that you live in an apartment, and therefore it is up to the landlord to take care of this situation for you. Please contact him/her immediately! If they don’t respond right away, you should get a hold of your local Health and Safety Services and let them know your situation.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jan 07, 2018
    There has to be some opening somewhere that they are using to get it. It might not be in the room you found them. If you are renting the apartment, I think it's worth a call to the landlord to ask him/her to see if s/he can help you find it. You could also get a cat. :) I also found a link that mentions the 8 best ways to get rid of mice, but you're doing. There is some information in the article that you didn't mention so click on the link below for more information. Wishing you the best with your mouse problem.

• Mogie Mogie on Jan 07, 2018
    Get a cat.

• Sherylbluebell Sherylbluebell on Jan 07, 2018
    They don't like the smell of mint- but since u r in an apartment I don't think u will wanna have pots of mint growing everywhere 😉. There r some decent pleasant smelling sprays,sachets & granulated products out there that u definitely can use indoors. One is called roden stopper - made by Messina. It's a spray that u could use anywhere inside & its efffectiveness lasts for like 5-6 weeks. Another company-Bonide also makes sprays,sachets & granular. I don't like to see people use poisonous things cause if the rodents die in ur wall somewhere,it's gonna stink for a
    couple of weeks. Or if u have pets & they eat one of the poisoned rodents- not good. Hope u have great success! ~Sheryl~

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jan 07, 2018
    Take steel wool and shove in to the sides of your water pipes and vents to the outside. Even the tiniest holes can be letting them in, but they can't chew through steel wool.

• V Smith V Smith on Jan 07, 2018
    In two different houses I used mint oil. I put it on cotton balls and put the trays in every corner. In my mother's house it sorta worked, here the mice took the cotton balls. Seriously, the little trays I used are empty but only on the lowest level, upstairs they left them alone. We still get mice. The best thing to do is kill them as they come. If a mouse can get his head thru a hole his whole body will come thru. They have very tiny heads. For some reason they don't walk on aluminum foil, so I put that on the kitchen counters. You really have to close up every tiny hole and that is nearly impossible you can close up the plumbing holes under the sink but you can't close up the plumbing holes in the floor under the cabinet. Plus they will chew their way in if they have to. Keep killing them and call the landlord. You may have neighbors who are using mint oil and sending them your way.

• Castrang17 Castrang17 on Jan 09, 2018
    Use pure Oil of Peppermint, saturate cotton balls, place in mouse areas, replenish with oil every two weeks. Oil of Peppermint burns the lungs of the mice and they will leave. Do when the seasons change, as mice come indoors to get warm, when the weather gets cooler. Also put a few drops of the Oil of Peppermint and dilute with Coconut Oil or water in a spray bottle! Spray frequent mouse areas-floor boards too. Be persisten!