How do you get rid of snails on your tomatoes?

+2
I have tried salt! I have tried rock salt! I even tried Epsom salt! Then my spent was ev3ry morning about 5 am I get out and remove everyone! Any other suggestions?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 12, 2017
    Apply food grade diatomaceous earth to the soil and spray the plants with horticultural oil.

• Carolyn Camp Carolyn Camp on Jun 12, 2017
    Sprinkle talc powder .

• Kim Kreitman Kim Kreitman on Jun 13, 2017
    bury a bowl near the plants even with the surface of the soil and fill with 1.5"-2" of beer. The snails are attracted to the smell of the yeast in the beer and crawl into the bowl and drown. You can use cheap beer. If you water with a sprinkler then you must replenish the beer after watering.

• Doris Doris on Jun 13, 2017
    Crush egg shells and put them around each plant. The sharp edges will damage the bellies of the little beasties and they will die. Works great if you have slugs as well.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jun 13, 2017
    I agree with the egg shells. They do work. Don't leave the pieces too big. Make sure you get all of them off the tomato plants or they will keep noshing on your plants.