How do you get rid of weeds coming through your sidewalk cracks?

+5
  • Spray them with white vinegar. Will die in a matter of minutes to hours.

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 29, 2017
    Spray with weed killer , consistently . We have to spray every other week , even though I pull the dead ones out, more come through . Such is life .

• Mary Mary on May 29, 2017
    mix one cup bleach to 3 cups water in a bucket. Don't spray this mix as it could get on your skin and in your eyes. Wear clothes that can get bleach spots. Pour over the cracks and weeds. They will die in a day or two. The bleach mix will dissipate and not make for toxic ground. Be careful near the edges of the grass or flowers so those don't get killed.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 29, 2017
    Only to be used on sidewalk cracks,make a spray with white vinegar and water 50/50 a dab of soap and a dab of salt.

I've tried Janet's and Naomi's methods . Perhaps I should try the bleach .

• Stephen Malcolm Anderson Stephen Malcolm Anderson on May 29, 2017
    White vinegar in a spray bottle

• Sandra Allen Sandra Allen on May 29, 2017
    This is what I call "let's see if the car is in park"? People swear by boiling water. Might be worth a try before you try the others. If it doesn't work you can try the others. They all seem legit.

• William William on May 29, 2017
    I use one cup of salt in one gallon of water. Spray the weed s till dripping wet. The object is to get at the roots. Warning, this will kill everything.