How to rid my home of silver fish & little bugs in cabinets?

+5
  • Hit24028303 Hit24028303 on May 30, 2017
    Please help

• Treva Kirby Adams Treva Kirby Adams on May 30, 2017
    Boric acid works great. Make a 5% solution of boric acid in water. Use a spray bottle or turkey baster to inject the spray into cracks and crevices. You can also spray the powder directly. This puts the treatment where you need it and reduces your exposure to the chemical.If you put the powder in a disposable ketchup bottle, the kind with the pointy top, you can blow it into crevices, You don't want to inhale this or get it into your dishes, pots & pans, or near pets/small children. You can also use diatomaceous earth, just don't inhale or let pets/children ingest it.

• Or wash out with 409 and then let air out. Spinkle back of cabinets with bay leaves. Change twice a year, I do right after the holidays and again around 4th of July holiday.

• See 1 previous
    • Exactly, it will take a bit of time, so be prepared. I have a bunch of pets and prefer to use the least amount of chemial products possible. But the 409 worked wonders! Check dollar stores for bay leaves sometimes you can get a big bag for a buck. If your grocery store sells fresh herbs, a decent bundle is a couple dollars. You may need a few bunches, but natural and still way less money than chemicals. Happy cleaning! Put on some music and have a beverage handy . . .

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 30, 2017
    Wash the cabinets out with white vinegar and water,allow to dry and place a bowl of corn meal ,make sure all food is stored in sealed tupperware containers,treat the outside around windows,doors,etc,with food grade diatomaceous earth .Remember if the outside is not treated they will still get in the home. Make sure as well there are no cracks in screening or raised holes by your entryway.

• Hit24028303 Hit24028303 on Jun 03, 2017
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate this ideal, because I have a child In my home.