How to get rid of ants?

+8
How do I get rid of ants

• Mogie Mogie on Mar 17, 2018
    Terro.

• Dfm Dfm on Mar 17, 2018
    suger and borax in equal parts. Sugar atracks, borax kills them. You can also disturb thier ant trails.

• Sandra Crosbie Sandra Crosbie on Mar 17, 2018
    Actual Ant powder is the ONLY product I've ever had success with. I tried lotions and potions and any other concoctions people have recommended, but none ever worked. Stick with Ant powder. It does what it claims. I was over run with the little critters since I moved here 15 years ago. When I first saw the little line of tiny ants walking in such purposeful march, I thought aww look at them, No I didn't. I actually screamed and jumped onto the nearest chair telling my daughter get them out , she was on the other chair telling me I was the worst Mum in the world making my little girl take on a huge task such as this..
    I had to get down run to the nearest store, buy Ant powder, then after a few days that was job done. I've honestly never had any more in my house since then. There are plenty of them in the garden, underneath flower pots, but I put the powder down it gets rid of them for a few weeks. Outside doesn't bother me, unless there are hundreds of winged ones flying. EKKKK!! That is another sight which makes me scream and do a little dance so they can't walk on my feet. My daughter says I look like I'm doing crazy Irish dancing for the ants.
    Any way don't waste your time or money on anything other than ant powder.

• Baby powder inside, cornmeal outside. Will need to reapply cornmeal after rain or if you water that area

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Mar 17, 2018
    MIx Borax powder, a little sugar and water. Put into small lids where they are travelling and they will take it back to the nest.

Yes, the ant powder or drops do work but so does the borax mixture.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Mar 17, 2018
    Sandra Crosbie, you are a hoot! Most powders for insects begin with borax, so I bet yours does, too. Are you still using the same box of ant powder you bought 15 years ago! I wish I could hear more of your stories. ☺️

• Tea27551183 Tea27551183 on Mar 17, 2018
    I’ve tried borax, vinegar, lemon, baking soda and nothing works