How to get rid of cat in yard

+7
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 04, 2017
    Does it belong to a neighbor? Or is it a stray? Most strays can be safely trapped and turned over to the humane society. We had a feral cat in our neighborhood that was running after children. The ASPCA gave us a safe trap for cats and after we lured it into the cage, they took it. There are also cat rescues that will take strays.

• Try moth balls

• Kay Kay on Dec 04, 2017
    Try a BB gun. I hear gasping out there in Reader's
    World, but this is many, many peoples' solution who have no time for nonsense. Even if you don't hit the animal (by either accident or intention) it does scare them enough to chase them off your property. Temporarily... Other fast and more permanent methods could include antifreeze in a bowl, but I would not recommend this method. In any case, the truly fastest way to get a stray to not take up residence in your yard is to NOT FEED IT! When it gets very hungry it will leave. Unless you have lots of birds and/or squirrels in your yard. If so, you'll have no simple and fast recourse except to borrow your kid's BB gun.

• NancyMaria NancyMaria on Dec 04, 2017
    or pepper spray or dusted around where they walk. They lick there paws.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 04, 2017
    NO NO NO.. BB guns !!! there are motion activated rain bird systems that shoot the cats with water... they do not like getting wet

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Dec 04, 2017
    Place citrus rinds like oranges, lemons, limes and tangerines around the plants. Cats hate the smell,

• Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Dec 05, 2017
    I bought a small animal trap and put a little cat food inside! Catch cat and take it to humane Society! If neighbors want their cat back they can pay the fines! Clark county gas leash laws on cats just like dogs and neighbors are responsible to keep their animals at home and not destroying other people property. Like sliding down your car with their claws out scratching your paint! Already sued one neighbor that had to repaint my new car! They don’t have cats no more! I don’t allow my animals to go over to my neighbors, I expect no less from my neighbors! I don’t mind suing for property damages either when I have proof your cat did the damage either! Security cameras have many uses!