How to get rid of cockroaches. Nothing seems to work.

+3
  • Gk Gk on Jun 17, 2018
    If I had cockroaches in my house I would hire a professional exterminator. And if you live in an apartment you face the challenge of having the critters moving in from the units around you even if you have your unit exterminated. You will have to clean your kitchen cabinets throughly and remove all food items that the critters may be feeding on.

• D_k33364904 D_k33364904 on Jun 17, 2018
    borax in detergent aisle ,chopped onion,piece of bread alittle water to make a thick paste make 3-4 dough balls place in plastic lunch bag leave open place in cupboard or baseboards in corners

• Of course not. You need an exterminator, period. They hide and breed in places that you can't get to. I can tell stories . . . An exterminator is not as expensive as you may think.

The last rental place I lived in had to be exterminated twice within a few months. One complex was infested so they left and moved, and they kept moving down the block. Finally all the properties exterminated at the same time to be rid of them for good.

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Jun 17, 2018
    Well if it's in your stand alone home you may need to have an exterminator come out. If you live in an apartment forget it they just go from your place to the next place then come back so your best shot is to store anything enticing in plastic containers like cereal and clothing. Then when lease is up move. You can try to get neighbors to al, complain to landlord so that entire building can get exterminated on same day. Just keep in mind that for every one you see there are at least a hundred in walls you aren't seeing. Try borax if no pets nor children around the entire floor along walls at base of floors. Good luck.

• Darla Kreller Darla Kreller on Jun 17, 2018
    Use Boric Acid. We lived in an apartment in Austin and it was infested, I mean infested. We bought boric acid and put it along the walls where the carpet met with a spoon. Then we made little cups with sugar and boric acid and put them in all our cabinets and under the sink. The roaches were dead in no time. We lived there for two years roach free.

• Leah Leah on Jun 17, 2018
    They love the glue that is used to put card board boxes together. This type of glue is used on glue mouse traps. Cover over these traps with foil--tent like. They crawl in and get stuck. IF they have eggs, they drop off into glue. We bought a house that had them. A professional had been coming for a year. Still there!!! I bought traps made for roaches. With in a month, problem solved. I do not see these roach glue traps anymore. But the mouse ones will work fine. I put them on top of cupboards, etc. They filled up fast.