How to keep slugs off my flowers

+3
Slugs and snails are starting everything I have planted down to the stalk. How can I get did of them?? It's coating me a fortune to replant my beds!!!!

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 17, 2018
    Lowe's sells a garden safe slug and snail remover. They also sell the same product made by Ortho

• Sarita Jordan Barnett Sarita Jordan Barnett on Jun 17, 2018
    Try pouring salt around the beds.. it helps. But Lowes has a slug repellent.

• Jmb24409773 Jmb24409773 on Jun 17, 2018
    Place crushed eggshells around your plants. Softbodied slugs and snails won't try to crawl over them.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 17, 2018
    Salt (table salt) on the soil will make the snails and slugs dissolve, you don't need much of it.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jun 17, 2018
    Hi Rhonda, You can only try to control them with Slug pellets etc. they can never be eliminated. Best thing to do is to buy bigger more robust plants that will stand a bit of damage or grow flowering shrubs instead.

• Shirley Shirley on Jun 17, 2018
    sprinkle crushed red pepper around the beds. the kind some like to sprinkle on pizza. some dollar stores sell big containers of it. good suggestion getting larger size plants too.