How to kill bamboo cains from neighbors yard?

+2
  • John John on Jun 14, 2017
    My lawyer would highly recommend that you do not kill your neighbors plants.

• Patricia Patricia on Jun 14, 2017
    The roots need to be dug out. To keep the bamboo from continuing to spread into your yard you will need to dig a trench at least 2 feet deep and line it with a barrier. Some people use concrete, but I've heard it will eventually crack. There are plastic barriers made specifically for bamboo.

• Eloise Eloise on Jun 15, 2017
    YouTube has any number of videos on dealing with bamboo: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+contain+bamboo

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jun 15, 2017
    I had to order 20% acidity vinegar off of Amazon. We had a lot (50'length and about 20'deep area) of bamboo that was at lest over 50' tall. It was a harbor for tics and starlings. We had it all chopped down, then cut as close to the ground as possible, then had it areated 10" into the ground. The neighbors did nothing with there's. Just constantly spray the vinegar on them. Any little shoots coming up in your yard, spray them, or chop off the green and pull up as much as you can. A barrier is good as well, but those roots are the devil to pull up.

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 15, 2017
    Vinegar should help, but definitely dig out the roots.