I have a really hard time growing anything in my garden except weeds.

+2
I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and I love to garden except all I ever get to do is pull weeds which physically kills me and I have no-one to help me. I just wish I could get rid of the darn weeds once and for all and not kill all the beautiful perennials I have already planted. If you have any advice for me Iwould be extremely greatful as I do not have much strength
thankyou all in advance and have a great day all of you
sincerely
Laurie

• Landscaping fabric and mulch are a big help!

• Jeanne Jeanne on Jun 12, 2018
    I have had good success using newspapers and cardboard covered with grass clippings or mulch.

• Kauai Breeze Kauai Breeze on Jun 12, 2018
    If you have grass clippings from your yard use them to mulch around your flowers. A 3 inch layer will deter weeds from sprouting, plus enrich your soil as it decays. If is it a large flower bed you can have a landscaper install a layer of decorative wood chip mulch.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 12, 2018
    I feel that pain and more, smother the weeds out with newspaper ,cardboard,heavy landscape fabric(not Plastic) and top with mulch.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Jun 12, 2018
    I would check into barrel planters or raised beds. Those would be easier on the back and knees, and gives a smaller area for weeds to grow, making them easier to pull. You can usually get someone local to build them pretty cheap, and people are always giving away fill dirt, check local facebook groups and Craigslist. Then you can put pine shavings down between the boxes to keep weeds away at ground level.