I have a vole problem. How can I get rid of them?

+2
The voles have eaten every flower or hosta that was in the ground. I put everything in pots and they still dig into the holes in the bottom of the pots. Local exterminators and farm supply cannot offer any help. Got any ideas?

• Oliva Oliva on Jun 27, 2018
    There are granular chemicals and traps available for this, at your hardware stores.

• Mike Moe Elmore Mike Moe Elmore on Jun 27, 2018
      The farmers exchange said there was nothing they they knew of to control them and the exterminator said"good luck"! They have dug thousands of holes in my yard. Voles are a serious nuisance.

• Betty Betty on Jun 28, 2018
    it is temporary, but sprinkle cayenne pepper around the area, also math balls But you have to repeat often.

• Mike Moe Elmore Mike Moe Elmore on Jun 28, 2018
    I have done that also. Thank you for the information.

• Carol Thomas Carol Thomas on Jun 28, 2018
    They are horrible creatures! I'm sort of lucky...my dog loves to dig them up and kill them, but I have all kinds of big holes to fill back in so won't break an ankle. I wish I knew how to help you!