Is there anything to stop deer from eating all my plants?

+1
  • Janet Janet on Jun 22, 2018
    There are some plants that taste bad to Deere your local nursery will be able to direct you to those plants in your zone

• Peggy Riggles Peggy Riggles on Jun 22, 2018
    Spray with a product like hinder. I believe it has egg in it and I saw it work on my roses. One day she was munching away, the next after spraying, she started it eat it then pulled her head back and left! I've heard you can make a spray with egg white and water to spray but would need to be repeated after a rain.

• I don't have any experience with deer but this is what I've gathered just from what I've read here on what works for some, hopefully one of these tips will work for you.

Deer turn their noses up at fragrant plants with strong scents. Sages, ornamental salvias, and lavender, daffodils, garlic, annual vinca, marigolds, coneflowers

Use a vegetable peeler on the bar of Irish Spring soap and scatter shavings around plants and bushes. There's a product called Bobbex that works really well if you have something you want to protect though!

I read this from Gma Kirk: A farmer gave me a gross recipe for repellent...but it works. cup or two of urine, tablespoons of crushed garlic, and cayenne pepper, two eggs in a gallon jug, shake well, fill rest of the way with water. Cap and let age a week. Then you drizzle small stream around the perimeter of whatever you want to keep them from eating.

Good luck!