What's the best way to go about Mass Weed removal?

+1
What's the best way to remove a large plot of weeds? Newspaper, black plastic, or clear plastic, or????
  • I am not a fan of plastic. I would use cardboard or newspapers. Weight it down with rocks or something so they do not blow away in the wind. Then wait. To speed the process up you can spray with vinegar then lay the cardboard or newspaper down. Just amend the soil well before planting again.

• Susan Susan on Jun 11, 2017
    I've always used tarps - mow or cut down the weeds, spray with vinegar mixed with salt - cover with newspaper and/or cardboard... then weigh down the tarp over all that - the hardest part?? you really should wait a YEAR to replant and be sure to amend the soil.

• Sylvia Candler Sylvia Candler on Jun 12, 2017
    Thanks ladies! I wasn't about to get out there and try to pull or hoe all those weeds!

• Dee Simmons Dee Simmons on Jun 12, 2017
    I use cardboard and newspaper (news paper needs to be at least 6 pieces thick. ) and this has always worked well for me. I have done many large areas like this.