Indoor bug spray that's safe to use around cats?

Beverly Craft
by Beverly Craft
I live in Florida and need a indoor bug spray that is safe to use around cats.

• Larry wallace Larry wallace on Apr 10, 2018

I live right on the Fl-Ga border and I use Ortho Home Defense insect spray inside and out. I have two cats and a dog (inside) and have never had a problem with the animals and if used about once every three months you won't have any bugs. I do keep the animals away from the applied area for about 2 hrs to let the liquid dry. This is available at Walmart and Lowes. Hope this helps.

• Beverly Craft Beverly Craft on Apr 11, 2018

Thank you. That is what I have always used in the past but was afraid to use it now with the cats. I will keep using Ortho Home Defense. I does work very well. I will just have to do room by room and keep them out of each room for a few hours.

• Larry wallace Larry wallace on Apr 11, 2018

Be sure to get the battery powered spray wand, it's so much easier on the hand than the manual pump!

• Gigi Smith Gigi Smith on Oct 01, 2018

my rat terrier may have ingested a dead spider in the garage tonight after our home was sprayed with ORTHO's Home Defense this afternoon.