Pesky little RED bugs on my Lilly's- help!

+3
I have a garden full of Lilly's and for the past two years they have been infested with little RED bugs. they eat and eat until all the leafs are gone! I fear i might lose my follows if they continue. How can i save my plants, and be rid of these bugs once and for all
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 14, 2017
    Spray them down with a insecticide soap and use a systemic insect killer as well.

• Liz Liz on Jun 14, 2017
    I use 1/2 c vegetable oil, 1/2 tbsp dish soap ( store in Fridge ) mix 1 cup of this mix in spray bottle ( from the dollar store ) with water. Spray plants completely and around the ground. It has saved my hibiscus the last two years.

• Dale Toth Dale Toth on Jun 15, 2017
    They may be spider mites. On indoor plants misting is supposed to control them. They don't like the moisture, I guess. I wonder if spraying with the hose early in the morning would help. I have a spray attachment for my hose that has a mist setting that might be a good choice. It might be a good idea to ask an expert like you would find in a nursery.

• Carol Muller-Dewald Carol Muller-Dewald on Jun 16, 2017
    These are lily beetles!! They are horrible!! Very difficult to get rid of, I tried several sprays but finally had to get rid of my lily's!! They devour all asiatic and oriental lily's as well as tiger lily's. They don't eat Daylilies.

• Nancy Eaton McEwen Nancy Eaton McEwen on Jun 16, 2017
    I spray with a mist of water and dawn dish soap weekly. It has helped keep them away from mine in Virginia.

• Nina Nina on Jun 16, 2017
    Thank you all for the great ideas- Im going to try the homemade mix first. Thanks Lashowtyme3