Recommendations for a Pet Potty area that is not grass?

+4
I have two small dogs and our back yard is small and all cement. I cannot break up the cement because it is a rental. Does anyone have any suggestions other then a piece of fake grass in the corner area
  • Treva Kirby Adams Treva Kirby Adams on May 30, 2017
    Try sand or clay litter in a plastic under-bed container - easy and inexpensive to empty. You could also make drainage holes in it, fill with potting soil and plant with the small "spot repair" bag of grass seed. The low sides on the container are an easy "in / out" for small dogs.

• Monica Starrett Monica Starrett on May 30, 2017
      Thanks good Idea just curious do you know how many inches deep of soil you need to grow grass?

• Mar22548861 Mar22548861 on May 30, 2017
    My dog only goes on rock. Make a planter box 2 inches high fill with rock. Put their poop there and direct them to potty. There

• Kay Lilland Kay Lilland on May 30, 2017
    Our Chihuahua refused to use the rock area provided by previous owner. We switched to fake grass and she used it first visit and ever after

• Jacks Beta Jacks Beta on May 30, 2017
    Love this idea, I will probably be doing it soon.

I don't think grass roots go more than 4 or 5 inches deep. Soldiers in Iraq had small plots of grass growing outside their tents in similar containers and they were not deeper than 6 inches, with some room to spare at the top.