How to get rid of spiders in our house?

+3
We have lived in our rental house for 3 years and we have lost the fight against spiders. I don't mind the spiders so much but the spider webs are every where and they scare my daughter. I vacuum them up but that just slows the production of new ones for a little while. Why do we have so many and how can we get rid of them?
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 05, 2017
    If you know where their entry points are, you can spray peppermint oil around. That is a scent that deters spiders from entering your home.

• Imp22013828 Imp22013828 on Jun 06, 2017
    You must spray them directly with spider spray. Because unlike roaches the spider don't lick their feet. And the spider eat other dead bugs that chance aren't poisoned. Raid makes a good spider spray. Also have handy a long broom.

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 06, 2017
    Home Defense by Ortho is a good product . We spray once a year around the perimeter of outside of our house . The spiders stay away from the house .

• Bj Blyth Bj Blyth on Jun 06, 2017
    Spiders eat insects. Get rid of the insects and the spiders will leave! 😃

• 17532838 17532838 on Jun 06, 2017
    I use Talstar One Termiticide Insecticide. It cost a little more than other products but is concentrated so a pint last for many years. I spray around the outside of the house in the spring and fall to keep the bugs away.

• Rebecca Babbitt Rebecca Babbitt on Jun 06, 2017
    +1 on the get rid of their food comment. Find out what they are eating- house flies? Roaches? Big ants?- bait and get rid of those insects, and the spiders should leave for lack of food.