Rabbits have been having Brunch in my garden-without being invited

+4
  • Gene Wood Gene Wood on Jun 19, 2017
    Mix up your own rabbit repellant. Mix 2 tbls cayenne pepper, 2tbls garlic powder, 2 tsp dish soap and 20oz. warm water. Let it sit in the sun for a couple of days. Pour it in a spray bottle and spray on the leaves of your plants. Reapply if it rains

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 19, 2017
    Try putting citrus peels and spraying with citrus essential oils,place plastic forks with the prong side up,and apply blood meal

• That made me laugh, thanks! 🙄🐇

• Marcie Marcie on Jun 19, 2017
    Rabbits are persistent little animals, so I have found that rotating multiple techniques works best. The spray Gene shared is excellent to use all the time, but you will find it easier to spray if you strain it first through some cheesecloth.
    Other techniques - plastic forks or sticks in the garden (poke their cute little paws), hair from humans or pets/dogs, shiny-spinning things. Also, you can plant the outside of your garden with plants that rabbits don't like - for example, at one of my clients house, there is a row of pulmonaria, and the rabbits do not like the scratchy leaves. Rabbits also don't like marigolds. Basically, rabbits don't like leaves with fuzzy foliage and plants with strong scents. Good luck!

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 19, 2017
    Looks like you'll be having 'tea' with your rabbits.

Good luck!

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jun 19, 2017
    At least take advantage and photograph their goings on. Maybe if they get enough internet exposure, the paparazzi will surround your garden and the rabbits won't. Best wishes 😇

• Rachelle Gordon Rachelle Gordon on Jun 19, 2017
    Placing a cage like enclosure helps. You can also build a elevated bed.... .