Removing nats from indoor plants

+10
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 13, 2018
    You have to re-pot the plants in fresh soil.They are fungus gnats which lay eggs in the soil,spraying will not get rid of them

• Lan25613921 Lan25613921 on Jan 13, 2018
    vodka in a spray bottle. spray on the plant and within a day or so they will diel.

• Skd13712487 Skd13712487 on Jan 13, 2018
    Gnats?

• Kathy Kathy on Jan 14, 2018
      Tried several different things that didn’t work. I finally purchased new potting soil and replanted. Weeks of waiting for results the gnats only grew in numbers.

• Linda B. Linda B. on Jan 14, 2018
    I use apple cider. I fill an old tea cup about half with it. The gnats go in it and drown. I leave it out and refill it once it evaporates. I tuck the tea cup between several plants to hide it from view. This really does work.

• Kathy Kathy on Jan 14, 2018
      I tried the apple cider - Vaseline - yeiiow index card nothingthing worked.
      yesrerday I changed all the houseplants potting soil. Let’s hope that works.🤫🤫

• Kimberly Kimberly on Jan 14, 2018
    Hope this semi bug like.
    I put banana peels on our roses, all those bugs left. Good luck

• Kathy Kathy on Jan 14, 2018
    Banana peels are great vitamins for roses. I have been wrapping the peels next to the base of the plant several times a year. I bury the peels.

• Linda B. Linda B. on Jan 14, 2018
    KibWhite gave you a good answer.I  also think changing the soil is your best bet if it's that infested. You will probably need to do this with all the plants that are near one another.

• Linda B. Linda B. on Jan 14, 2018
    I also think you should have rinsed off the soil on the plants roots before repotting in new soil. Good Luck