Rocks driving me crazy

+2
I have rocks around the house with weed barrier underneath but the weeds keep coming back...how can I keep the weeds at bay?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 05, 2018
    make a mixture of white vinegar/water 50/50 add a dab os soap and a dab of salt.only use this if there are no plants involved

• Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Jan 05, 2018
    Weeds are hard to deal with. Try Preen under the barrier

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jan 05, 2018
    I have this problem also. Depending on where you live at this time of year. Spray the rocks, where weeds are coming up. Let this soak in, then pull the weeds from the soft root, you'll get it all. The more you do this the less weeds you'll have. When your stone was put down, they didn't put enough screen down below the stones.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jan 05, 2018
    We put layers of paper or cardboard down when we want to stop all weeds. It is the BEST weed stopper, be sure to cover the area completely to the edge. You can add weed paper if you like, but it is not necessary. However you will need to replace the paper/cardboard each spring to continue the weed prevention. Do you have gravel on it or mulch? It helps to cover it with one or the other also.

• Lynn Lynn on Jan 06, 2018
    First thing u have 2 do is remove any plants you want to keep. Make sure the roots have no invasive plant roots attached. I have a bucket of water near when clearing a garden bed. Throw all invasive plants and roots into a container, so they don't get mixed in.
    While doing this u might as well as some new soil, triple mix. Replant all plants u want in the bed. Top with black fabric or just use mulch. You can edge the garden with the rocks. It will help keep mulch in. Pull out weeds when they appear.