What can I plant in flower beds that are deer and rabbit resistant?

+3
  • BeccaHP BeccaHP on Jun 09, 2017
    If I were you, I would check with the county's Cooperative Extension Agent. (They are probably listed under your county Agency's listing in the directory.) Your local Agent will know what is resistant and what is not to the critters in your area. It will also depend upon how much sun you get in that particular area and how dry or moist the soil stays in the spots you want to plant. A soil test for your beds might be recommended, but your local Agent will be able to help with that also. The soil test may cost around $10, but the advice and LOTS of helpful tips will be FREE!!! :)

• Johnchip Johnchip on Jun 09, 2017
    Plant puppies.

• Cha7120766 Cha7120766 on Jun 10, 2017
    I lived on 10 acres and put moth balls in their tunnels. GONE!!!! My landlord asked me how I did it and did the same thing, gone!!!. Just poke a stick or pipe in the soft dirt & wiggle it around, then drop 3 or 4 moth balls into the opening.

• Patricia Howard Patricia Howard on Jun 10, 2017
    Lantana is great here in Texas, so is what we call a butterfly bush.

• Linda A. Thorp Linda A. Thorp on Jun 10, 2017
    Try Liquid Fence. You spray in around the area you want left alone. It stinks pretty bad the first day, but not so noticeable to humans later, but animals can smell it. Should be able to buy at places like Home Depot.