What is a natural way to prevent moles in my portulaca?

+2
I do not want to kill them . I just want them to stop digging tunnels thru my garden
  • Julie Morris Julie Morris on Jun 13, 2017
    Buy bbq firelighters, crumble them up and sprinkle it around the area you want to protect! They hate the smell an move on! They definitely won't eat it so you won't hurt them! They'll be quite safe

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Jun 13, 2017
    Here is an article for some other natural options - https://www.planetnatural.com/pest-problem-solver/lawn-pests/mole-control/ - good luck

• Mary Gendron Mary Gendron on Jun 14, 2017
    You can purchase solar powered mole deterents. They emit a sound that they don't like and they move on. Your lawn PH is off, so if you put lime on it it will get rid of slugs which moles eat. No slugs, no moles.

• William William on Jun 14, 2017
    We use used cat litter. Moles are afraid of cats as they are a natural enemy of moles. We punch a hole in the top of the mole's runs and fill it with cat litter. They will leave the area quickly.

• Linda Davis Linda Davis on Jun 14, 2017
    peskiest critter a gardener can have imhp! An exterminator told me to drop cupfulls of used kitty litter ( without solid waste) into the tunnels. It will run them off, but all the neighbors have to get on board or you will just run them round and round the area.