What is the best repellent to get rid of house damaging raccoons?

+3
Cannot shoot them in the area, and pest control cannot move them more than several hundred feet.....so constantly KEEP COMING BACK , DAMAGING ROOFS, SOFFITS, VERANDAHS ETC... DESPARATE FOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Davidm Davidm on Jun 01, 2017
    Critter Ridder! They sell it on Amazon!

• Pat bucher Pat bucher on Jun 01, 2017
    Trap take out drop off near a stream

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jun 01, 2017
    They come around to get food. Make sure your trash can tops are secure (we use bungee cords), no dog or cat food outside. We had a problem and once we got rid of their food sources, they stopped coming back. We also trapped a few and relocated them! But a trap.

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 03, 2017
    live trap and relocate to stew pot. you will need to get a trappers licence.

• Good luck ♥ We've had raccoon visitors during the night in my back yard several times over the years. They would catch the koi in my pond. Now it would be different if they would eat them, but they would just play with them and leave them all over the yard. I've tried animal control in our area, they said they wouldn't help us, but to get a Havahart trap, then release them at least 100 miles away because they travel that and more. An exterminator was way too expensive. Had a trap, tried, could never catch them...tried sardines, marshmallows, tuna, canned cat food and more. I devoured the web for info on how to get them to go. Tried criss crossing fishing line throughout the back yard, raccoons didn't mind it, the dogs hated it. Lit the backyard up like a runway – didn't phase them, Human hair, human urine, could have cared less about either, Tried "The Scarecrow" motion detector that hooks to the hose and sprays when it senses motion. Raccoons loved it,Dogs were scared of it and refused to go out during the day even when it was off. Tried coyote urine, didn't phase the coons one bit. Tried little red flashing lights around the perimeter of the yard, raccoons didn't notice them. Summer came and they stopped coming. We had no birdseed out for the wild birds, no dog food out, nothing. They came back the following winter and brought friends. Tried everything again to no avail. Got up one morning and they were still here! They were usually gone by then. One of my dogs slipped....pushed by me as I was trying to shoo them away. She was a Great Dane....they took her down. Now I love all animals, but don't come to my place and mess with mine. My sons stayed up the following night, shot 2 of them. They haven't been back since. It was horrid, the screams my poor dog let out as they were biting her. Please be careful. I wouldn't attempt to even catch it, You have to pick up that wire cage after all!. They are fierce and will bite. Be careful please.