What is the best way to get rid of ants in my garden?

+3
My yard seems to be one big ant hill and the ants sometimes get into my gardens, especially around my rhubard, but I've seen them around flowers as well. How do I get rid of them for good?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 08, 2017
    Apply food grade diatomaceous earth.

• C.a11817469 C.a11817469 on Jun 08, 2017
    Use Boric acid mix it with sugar and water,then put it on cotton balls, soaks the cotton ball in the solution, put them in the garden, the ants take the solution back to their nest and their gone

• Patrick Mink Patrick Mink on Jun 08, 2017
    Put grains of rice around the ant hill when the workers take it to the queen she will eat the raw rice and it will expand in her stomach and kill her . or mix up a squirt bottle of liquid soap and water and spray the ant hill, also pour a coke on the ant hill, those are just a few.

• Blo17320958 Blo17320958 on Jun 09, 2017
    Corn meal. Just sprinkle on mounds or wherever they are, and they will be gone completely in a few days.

• Nigel Crowther Nigel Crowther on Jun 14, 2017
    I had Ants in my front Garden and a good friend told me find the Nest and put Sugar down the Main entrance,I have not seen any Ants since,so here is a mother good idea!!!

• packaged cornbread mix that says it is sweetened and put it where they are coming in if you can find it, or even on your counter in a small lid. They will take it to the mound, everyone will eat it and die, they can't digest the cornmeal, but will take it because it is sweetened. Little goes a long way.