What is the best way to get rid of morning glory vines.

+2
MORNING GLORY FLOWERS ARE BEAUTIFUL BUT THEIR VINES START GOING EVERYWHERE AND TAKING OVER THE GARDEN..... I KEEP PULLING UP THE ROOTS ETC. BUT EVERY YEAR THEY COME UP AGAIN. THANX.

• SandyG SandyG on Dec 09, 2017
    Pulling them up by hand unless you want to use herbicide. Then you risk killing out other flowers and plants. Pulling them up as soon as they sprout is the safest, but also the most backbreaking and aggravating. Listed below is a link that may give you some more hints.

• Sandy Sandy on Dec 09, 2017
    I read somewhere that you can pour boiling water on the root of the plant and it will kill it. I tried it and it did work, but there is just not that much hot water in my teakettle and I didn't like carrying around the teakettle full of boiling water outside.

• Peter Peter on Dec 09, 2017
    (do a search... this was answered about 3 weeks ago)

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 09, 2017
    The best way to remove them is to pull them out by the roots. If you water the ground around them, it will soften the dirt and make it easier to pull them out. Since they resprout easily, you may have to do this several times until you get all of the stragglers, but it should work eventually. If you do mind killing all the greenery around them, pour a mixture of 1 gallon vinegar and 2 cups of table salt over the ground where they are growing. This will kill them, but it will also kill the grass around them and any other plants in that area.