What's the best way to kill roaches in your house. And is pet friendly

+2
  • My vote is to call an exterminator asap. They hide and breed in places you can't get to. And are a huge concern to the health of you and your family and pets. My opinion is that home remedies will only mask the problem, not get rid of them. I can tell horror stories. Watch a few episodes of Hoarders . . . If you are unable to pay for the services there are agencies out there to help you. Start with your local HUD office.

• Merry Menden Merry Menden on Dec 31, 2017
    I had that issue in NYC. Use Borax which contains boric acid, a powder. Sprinkle it around the plumbing fixtures inside the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. It is a dessicant, which means the roaches get it on their feet, track it back to their nests, and dry out. This also works well for a flea infestation on carpets.

The borax works better than calling an exterminator, as it gets rid of the nest where they breed. You have to be patient while it works. It is non-toxic to humans and animals. The exterminators will need to keep coming back every month.