What should I use to keep rabbits away?

+7
Every summer rabbits literally wreck my flowers, bushes in my yard and flower garden.
They bite them right down to darn near nothing left! I'm hoping someone has an all natural recipe to get them to leave everything alone. If no recipe ideas please direct me some where or someone to talk to. Would rather not use live traps.

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Dec 04, 2017
    Try the Irish Spring soap, shred it up and sprinkle around your bushes, it won't harm the plants, but the smell will keep the squirrels and rabbits away. Don't use this for your garden though

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Dec 04, 2017
    Hello Paulette! Here are some other alternatives for getting rid of those pesky rabbits. Click on the link below:

• Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Dec 04, 2017
    The best insurance against rabbit damage to gardens is a tight poultry wire fence. One-inch-mesh wire 18- to 24- inches high for cottontails and 30- to 36- inches high for jackrabbits is adequate if held firmly in position by stakes. The bottom edge of the wire should be staked to the ground or buried several inches deep to prevent rabbits from burrowing under the fence. The initial cost of fencing a garden plot 25 by 50 feet is about fifteen dollars. In some gardens, this wire is still in good shape after six years.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 04, 2017
    I also recommend laying out shredded Irish Spring bar soap. You can shred them on a box grater or even in a food processor. Spread it in your beds. That should keep the rabbits away.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 04, 2017
    I have used a combination of shredded Irish Spring Soap and then put down Cayenne Pepper powder to deal with rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks. Occasionally it didn't work as well as it should. In that case I did something you may not like, but it did work and didn't hurt critters at all. I baited mouse traps with peanut butter and set them in the areas being affected the worst. The snapping sound scared the bejesus out of them, but never caught one. They stayed away from that area for at least a couple of months. It might work for you if it gets too bad. Good luck with your critter problem!

• FL FL on Dec 05, 2017
    Check out this site by wildlife pest removers with specific information for getting rid of rabbits: http://wildlifeanimalcontrol.com/rabbits.html

• Dmholt4391 Dmholt4391 on Dec 05, 2017
    My husband used urine around our property to keep dogs and coyotes out. It worked.

• Pascale Nguyen Pascale Nguyen on Dec 05, 2017
    We tried everything, finally fencing is the only thing that worked. Many types are available at Hardware stores or you can make your own with chicken wires.

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Dec 05, 2017
    I had to put a little fence up to keep the little guys out. However now I have hawks around, so the rabbits have diminished. But I have tried human hair sprinkled around - from your hair brush and ask your friendly hairdresser / barber. I think it helped some. I also placed plastic snakes , several of them around. I think they help as well.