What will keep snakes out of your flower beds?

+2
  • Jody Price Jody Price on Jun 12, 2017
    Mothballs or sulfur. You can buy sulfur at feed stores. Both will have to be replaced after rains. Or you could start feeding the cats in your neighborhood. Snakes and rats hate cats.

• Claudia Nunn Claudia Nunn on Jun 12, 2017
    First of all I must remind you Alice that snakes are good guys (except maybe a rattlesnake, then no) and will keep the things that would eat your flowers away! But I guess I would recommend a realistic owl statue. Nothing says go away like a natural predator! I found this http://www.wildlife-removal.com/snake-get-rid.html which has some good tips. Hope this helps!

• Stillyoung Stillyoung on Jun 12, 2017
    Most snakes are not poisonous and can be good to keep other creatures out. They are more afraid of people than you are of them so , just wait and they leave . Snakes don't eat vegetables anyway, nor do they stay permanently, so if just passing through- nothing to worry about..

• Rhonda S Rhonda S on Jun 12, 2017
    As others have said, except for a few venomous snakes and the heart attack surprise factor, there isn't a good reason to not let them enjoy the garden. If you can get a speckled king snake, so much the better. They will kill rattlers and copperheads. So the best way to keep the bad snakes out is to make the good snakes welcome.