Where would ants be entering my house?

+8
i see them in every room but don't know where to look for their entry point. Nothing is obvious
  • Call in the pros for a free inspection, chances are they are coming up through crawl space or are in your walls. You need to look outside your house for points of possible entry.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 06, 2017
    Most likely through doorway,window sills and cracked your are not aware of. Make sure all food is in lock tight containers. Wash the cabinets out with vinegar and water.Wash the counters down with windex. Apply peppermint oil to cotton balls and wipe down the tracks on the windows and door openings. Use corn meal as well all through. For out side apply food grade diatomaceous earth.

• Suzanne Stone Suzanne Stone on Jun 06, 2017
    My sister found them coming out of the walls through old telephone jacks.

• Winnie Winnie on Jun 07, 2017
    Have had a similar problem but mostly in our kitchen & it happened during Summer months.
    After replacing the dishwasher in our kitchen we discovered a large hole in the wall behind the dishwasher that was put there by construction workers when our house was being built. They never put anything to cover up the hole but we did after discovering it!
    There's a product out there that you can find at Walmart or Lowes, etc called Liquid Ant Bait. It "draws" the ants to the "trap" where they will ingest the bait taking it back to their "nests" feeding other ants & they will die from it. It does work. Have used it several times.

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 07, 2017
    Yes Combat makes an ant bait trap that kills the colony. I finally got relief when I started spraying the outside foundation and any openings like door thresholds once or twice year.....spring and fall. I also rake anything away from foundation each time I do this job.

• Cre8091033 Cre8091033 on Jun 07, 2017
    A product called Home Defense by Ortho creates a bug barrier up to 12 mo ..it's a spray that is odorfree..non staining ...to use indoor and out. Works great.
    Once it dries safe for children and pets to be around.

• Glen Glen on Jun 07, 2017
    I always use terro ant traps and these work in the same way...... Ants carry back to their nest and Bam!

• Nancy Craigmiles Nancy Craigmiles on Jun 07, 2017
    Check outside all around the foundation of the house. You might be able to see them marching in their obnoxious little lines right up to their entry point! Or points! Good luck!

• 861650 861650 on Jun 07, 2017
    For many years my mother had ants coming in her house and even the experts could never find their entrance. I sprinkled a thin line of baby powder where they had been seen. No more ants. Left it on the surfaces for a week.

• Darlene Stinnett Darlene Stinnett on Jun 12, 2017
      It doesn't matter where they come from, it's still a problem. Put down some cornmeal in their path. They will pick it up, take to their nest and feed it to babies and all ants. The cornmeal swells in their stomach, causing the stomach to explode. NO MORE ANTS. I have been doing this every year for a long time. Guess what. NO ANTS.

• Anne Johnson Anne Johnson on Jun 12, 2017
    One word - Borax. Had an ant problem on my bathroom, figured they were coming from behind the vanity. Sprinkled Borax behind the vanity. Haven't seen any since.