Blank yard, what to do trendy

+3
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 03, 2018
    Use and make thing from old Pallets , Planters - Fences, Furniture, table, swing, Deck.

• Dfm Dfm on Jul 03, 2018
    my experience with “ trendy “ is that’s it doesn’t last very long b4 the next latest and greatest trend comes along. Making it sooo out dated. Consider how you use the yard. Entertain guests? Garden, games? Pool? If a pool, talk with your insurance agent for liability insurance. And get it covered with a walk on cover. My basics are table and chairs, grill, a good pork chop and family.

• Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Jul 03, 2018
    Make a fire pit area.

• Zest it Up Zest it Up on Jul 03, 2018
    I love the answers above! You absolutely need to think about how you would use the space. I went the traditional route with an outdoor table and chairs for eating alfresco, but then realized how little we used it! Instead, I switched things up by building some bench seating and adirondack chairs around a fire pit. We use it WAY more....with or without a fire it has become a chill hangout spot for me and my family. We have side tables for resting casual meal plates and/or wine. I love it! Just make sure to balance whatever "hardscape" you create with some beautiful vegetation. I always recommend intermixing edibles with ornamentals. It makes for a unique landscape that is pleasing to the eye and yummy at the same time!

• All excellent suggestions here! Trendy???? What is trendy about a yard? The decor, which can be switched out as the accessory and color trends come and go. The hardscaping and foundation plantings should compliment the home and surrounding area. Consider your lifestyle. Is this for show? Or do you use your yard? Like to garden? Have kids and pets? I am out in my yard every minute possible with the pets. I have coffee in the morning, lunch in the afternoon and grill up din din for myself, 6 cats, 3-6+ dogs a canary and a dragon. There is a patio with seating and dining options and new grass for the animals to roll around on. For evening entertaining, lighting of some sort is a must! Flip through design magazines, surf the net, hop on Pinterest and make note of what you love and want to incorporate into your space. Or, if funds permit, hire a landscape designer / architect to guide you through the process.

• Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Jul 03, 2018
    There was a time when hot tubs were the trend. That lasted until they broke down and became mosquito breeding boat anchors that you had to pay someone to haul away. Everyone loves a deck, but maintenance can be an ongoing nightmare. I would go for a table and chairs, grill, maybe a wine fridge. And family.