House, would like to update the colour- suggestions?

+3

We have a small 1200 sq.ft house with a new medium brown roof. Currently our house has faded yellow siding that looks like cream colour. Our trim is faded brown......fascia, gutters and downpours, and front door. Would like to update the colour. Suggusetions?

• Choose something that makes you happy and makes you smile every time you come home! I always like white or cream colored trim, but for me, that is a regional choice since I live where it is blazing hot much of the year. My vote is for a color that will coordinate with the roof for the body of the house. Another color for trim and facia and a third for the front door which you can repeat with accessories on the porch. I like odd numbers of things to make the eye travel. I have seen houses with chocolate brown and black trim that look absolutely stunning, if that suits you, might be something to consider.

• Lina Splichal Lina Splichal on Jun 29, 2018
    You can go monochromatic with ivory, cream, or tan; or bold with white, coral, emerald green, or royal blue. Personally I would choose a creamy peach.

• Diane Franklin Doletzky Diane Franklin Doletzky on Jun 29, 2018
    Paint it all with a soft taupe color! It will look awesome with a brown roof!

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Jun 29, 2018
    Siding can be painted. Prime first with a Zinsser Bullseye 1-2-3 primer, tinted to your finished color and then top coat with your finish. If you want a light color may be consider a taupe. Your metal objects such as the door, eavestroughs, etc can be painted with a metal paint. May7be stick to the brown as it will make it easier to cover.

• 27524803 27524803 on Jun 29, 2018
    Many paint manufacturers have an app that will allow you to upload a photo of your house and let you try various paint colors for siding and trim.... print off the photos if you can.. to compare side by side.... and remember it is only PAINT.... if you don't like it.... change it.