I need ideas on a low budget walkway

+2
  • Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Jul 03, 2018
    I have used pavers to create a walkway at our house. They cost about $2 per paver and you can find them at hardware stores or Walmart.

• Kathy Kathy on Jul 03, 2018
    Also, check facebook sale pages in your area or craigslist. I've seen pavers for 25¢.

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 03, 2018
    You can save even more by not butting the pavers but space them out.

• Rhonda S Rhonda S on Jul 03, 2018
    Hi, Carmen. Is the area sloping or smooth? Is it currently a path and you are trying to widen it or make it less muddy? The solutions will depend on your situation. A first step would be to use the search function here and see how people have handled walk-ways. For a garden path that will see lots of foot traffice and you just want to keep weeds down, a thick layer of newspapers or mulch may be all you need. On a hillside, you might need timbers or concrete blocks to hold the slope. Something that will be a bike trail or have wheel borrows run up and down it will need a different foundation than something that is just to keep your flower-beds apart visually. If you are fit and handy, you can pour a concrete walk way. I've always wanted to try to use the QuickCrete Pathmaker system, but never had a place I thought it was suitable for. I've laid paths with concrete pavers (sometimes called cap stones) and garden stones, and had decent results. I'd need more information to give you a better answer. Good luck with the search.