Improve Curb Appeal?

+2
What are some things I could do to improve the curb appeal of my home?
q improve curb appeal
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Jul 04, 2018
    1st you Home and yard is beautiful. Add color. Either in pots or in the ground.

• Bijous Bijous on Jul 04, 2018
    Hi Eric, you have a lovely home.
    1. First remove the cypress that is at the curb. It will eventually be a "rocket" blocking the view (at least from this angle) of the front door. You can use it in the backyard. The other two cypress will be very nice, providing landscape height to the tall house.
    2. The other two shrubs next to the curb do you no favors. Instead use lemon lime nandina for a variance in color in that area. It is low growing.
    3. On either side of the garage, use either very tall vases or garden sculpture. Below is a metal work resembling agave (you are in Texas, after all...)
    4. Change out the upper section of your garage door for windows. Any garage retailer can do this who does installs. Or have them faux painted.
    5. Paint or have painted your garage door to resemble wood.
    6. Beef up your front entrance light and have it lowered. It is too high, at present.
    7. And last, paint the trim a deep moss green. I wouldn't paint the wood front door.
    Happy renenovating!

• Your home is lovely as is! I would paint the door a fun color if the HOA allows it. It will bring your eye more to the door. Then add some plants and a cute doormat. Maybe a wreath.

• Emily Emily on Jul 04, 2018
    I would paint the garage door to more resemble the color of the stones.

• Blackeyedjosie Blackeyedjosie on Jul 05, 2018
    Paint the garage and front doors a ligh color, maybe a beachy aqua. Put tall planters each side of the garage door and fill with bright colored flowers. Put the same flowers in lower pots along the walk and maybe down the driveway.